Sunday, August 24, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 12

Our Goodbye to San Antonio.

We wanted to do something really special this weekend. We've had so many adventures while we've been here; what could we find to top the Natural Bridge Caverns, Toobing the Comal river, or the Schlitterbahn water park? The situation looked bleak for a few days last week, but then we stumbled upon it. The perfect way to end our summer. So we got everything planned and looked forward to Saturday.

We started off the day with a scrumptious breakfast at The Guenther House. I had the almond pancakes, and Kent got the breakfast tacos. Mmmm... We sat outside on their little patio because it was a gorgeous morning yesterday. It was absolutely lovely.
And then, we drove to the airport for our...
Helicopter Tour!!

The Tower of the Americas, where the Chart House Restaurant is.

And here's what the Alamo looks like from above. Helicopters are an awesome way to travel!This is one of the Spanish missions that was set up when San Antonio was still part of Mexico.

Next time, I'm putting my hair in a ponytail. It was all over the place!

And now we can say we've truly seen what San Antonio has to offer!

I'm not working this week, so I can spend all my time packing. We leave on Friday.

10 comments:

marilyn said...

I love how the two of you chose to see whatever you could each weekend during your stay in San Antonio. That just tells me that you will find adventures where ever you live. Who knows where you may end up. But that doesn't matter. Enjoy the journey and every adventure you encounter. Good luck with your move back to Idaho. More adventures await you there too. Thanks for sharing. I have been to San Antonio only once. It was fun to see what is available.

Teresa said...

Holy cow, what a fun day! You guys have really had interesting things to do! Hope things go well for your drive back to school- be safe.
Love ya

Lisa Brown said...

How exciting! I have always wanted to do a helicopter tour someday. I think it is awesome how you took advantage of what SA has to offer while ou were there. Good luck with packing!

Shannon b said...

wow - that IS a great way to end your summer! And I kinda like the wind-blown look on you. :)

Libby said...

Wow. You guys ended your summer with a bang. Very brave. What a nice way to end your summer. Have a safe trip back to Idaho.

heidi said...

how exciting, i'll bet it was fun.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Thank you for sharing San Antonio with us. I agree with Marilyn, the two of you will always find an adventure. Good Luck on whatever lies ahead.

Creole Wisdom said...

That is really fun and you guys are cute!

Jocelyn said...

what a great way to say goodbye! I'm hoping to start some monthly adventures as soon as Brock is able to really enjoy it, right now he just falls asleep whenever I try an outing. Oh well, must be nice being able to sleep anywhere you please!

Anonymous said...

WOW! What a perfect way to end your summer of adventures in San Antonio- something you will never forget! I wish we could see you in logan this weekend. Good luck packing and travel safe! xoxo