Friday, August 22, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 11

(This is Kent in a show home's master closet. It was HUGE! Texan's sure like their closet space. Even our tiny one-bedroom has a ton of closet space)

Whew! Another weekend passed. We only have one left! And it's supposed to rain tomorrow, but I sure hope that doesn't interfere with our really awesome adventure we have planned. It's going to...well, I won't tell you any more right now, and you'll just have to wait until Sunday to find out.

Saturday morning, we babysat another intern's three kids. They were sweet, polite, and the baby was adorable. We had a fun time with them, and while we were watching Madagascar, Kent and I both commented on how nice it felt to have a bunch of little bodies around. We felt like we were playing "house."


For lunch/dinner (linner? dunch?) on Saturday, we went Mexican. There's a place right next to USAA that we've driven past a number of times and wanted to try, but as we walked in and saw the ordering counter, the fast-food-esque menu, etc., we walked back out. We wanted something more real, I guess. And it's a good thing we did! We chose Perico's. (You should click on that so you can hear the music that I'm listening to right now). :D Anyway, Perico's was a fabulous choice! Mmmm!

Kent ordered the Carne Asada (surprise.) and I got puffy tacos because they are "a San Antonio Favorite." And now I know why Kent and I are in the 5% of people here who are actually at a healthy weight. The food was great, though, and we finished it off with a scrumptious Tres de Leche cake.

5 comments:

Libby said...

It's always fun to go looking at Model Homes. That looks like a lot of food. Enjoy your last weekend adventure this weekend:)

Shannon b said...

I want that closet! And the food looks yummy.
And how nice of you guys to baby-sit for your friends. For me, finding a baby-sitter can sometimes be a dreaded activity. Can't wait until Conner is old enough to just do it for us!

Teresa said...

I have loved hearing about all your week end adventures! Just one left,Sad? Wow- time fly's- can't wait to see what the last adventure brings.

Jocelyn said...

big closets, good food, and kids what more can you ask for! sounds like you guys had a great weekend!

Lisa Brown said...

Yum! And I can't wait to hear about your final adventure :).