Saturday, August 9, 2008

Weekend Adventure # 10




Today we went 'toobing' down the Comal River! SO refreshing. And very fun. This wasn't the first time we've tried this, so today we woke up early (I'll just say that it wasn't Kent's idea) and drove out there to be the first in line. We got donuts on the way (which was Kent's idea). It was perfect. We even arrived before they started making people pay for the public parking. Wahoo!

I didn't get pictures, because my camera does not like water. But I found these ones online. The river is so perfect, the water is 72 degrees all year round, and it's the best temperature for cooling you off without freezing you. And there are three "toob chutes" that you go down. If we end up here next summer and if anyone comes to visit us, we are definitely taking you to the river.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

How fun- wish I was there to join in with you- finally home, and having fun catching up on your blog-
Love the Bat Cave sign :}
You guys make me smile.

Shannon b said...

that is so so cool!! What an awesome activity. You can definitely take me toobing! :)

heidi said...

i'll bet it was fun, it makes be want to do it

Creole Wisdom said...

that is so fun! i love it- i have always wanted to go tubing : )

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a blast!