Tuesday, May 20, 2008

This month is such a special one...

It's birthday time for me.

Today Teresa took me to the Fresno Temple and we did a session. It was really neat, since I haven't been in a small temple before. It is a beautiful temple. After it was done, we went birthday shopping! It was so much fun! And I found some really cute things to take with me to Texas. I'm so excited to wear everything. I love getting new clothes. It definitely gives me a high, and I feel so cute and happy wearing my new things for like the next few weeks. As much as I like new clothes, however, I'm usually not much of a shopper. I don't like spending money at all, especially on myself. I just feel so guilty thinking about all that money... But that's why birthdays are so much fun. I can pick things out for myself without feeling guilty about it.

My birthday is on Saturday, and I need to think of something simple and fun that Kent and I can do. I like simple things for birthdays, like a picnic or something. I'll have to think about it. It can't be anything too big because we have to leave early Sunday morning for our drive to Texas. We're driving to Phoenix the first day, to a little place called Ozona, TX, the second day, and then on the third day it should only take us a few hours to make it into San Antonio. It will be a long, long drive, but at least I can wear cute new clothes on the way!







8 comments:

Emily said...

um... you are so spoiled! What a nice mother-in-law WOW!!! and no one deserves it more!! happy Birthday this month!! Cute clothes!! I also get the shopping high, difference is, I have no problem shopping or spending on myself... it just doesn't happen much because taking kids to the store is a joke oh, and there's that 30 pounds I'm waiting to lose so that I can buy the "right" size! Enjoy!!

Shannon b said...

CUTE clothes! that pink top is adorable!

Teresa said...

It was a fun day spent with you- and you do look way cute in the pick top.

Libby said...

How much fun. Cute clothes. Happy Birthday (early).

heidi said...

cute clothes, i love new clothes too.
i hope you have a happy birthday saturday & hope the drive goes quickly for you. i remember when we moved to Florida, the Lord blessed us with the drive there feeling quick and running smoothly

Anonymous said...

Happy B-Day to you - and many more!

Lisa Brown said...

Happy late b-day!

Anonymous said...

cute cute cute! Makes me want to go buy something new!