Thursday, May 8, 2008

Gastronomie

We had some exciting and interesting meals in France. It was always an adventure deciding what to order, and we usually had our French/English dictionary out, passing it around the table. There was a lot of "What do you think this means?", and "Would I be safe ordering this?". Well, I took pictures of some of our particularly memorable meals, so here they are! I'm only missing a picture of the raw ham platter we had one afternoon, and there was also a restaurant in Carcassone that had the most incredible lasagna we'd ever tasted.



This was one of my favorite meals at a restaurant right on the Mediterranean. Grilled Salmon and "American Fries." The salmon was heavenly.


A "Mixed grille" plate-chicken, duck, nearly raw steak, stewed vegetables, and two sausages. One sausage was really good, and the other one didn't make it into my mouth. The smell alone was more than I could handle.


Eating my favorite French sandwich: slices of ham (lunch meat style, not raw!), Swiss cheese, fresh tomatoes, "salade" (lettuce), and butter on a baguette style sandwich bun. Mmm!




Raspberry sorbet on the left and Rose Petal ewe's milk ice cream on the right.



Cassoulet. And I don't see any macaroni or noodles in there, do you?


Voila!

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Thanks for taking "food" pictures- it's nice to have a record of that.

Shannon b said...

the desserts look beautiful! Rose petal ice cream? interesting.
And ya, I would've pretty much stayed away from the sausages too.

heidi said...

yummy! some of these things sure were good

Creole Wisdom said...

Haha about the raw meat... kinda scary! I love that last shot though, looks DELISH!

Libby said...

I think I would have starved there. My family probably would have too. Some of that food looks "scary" to me. Glad you had fun and got to try new things.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Food is always a fun part of the vacation.

Anonymous said...

I'll stick with Raspberry sorbet - but i do like to eat meat - so the
"Grilled Salmon" is safe for me

Megan said...

Becca your hair looks so beautiful in that picture!! Did you cut it again? or dye it? I love regardless!! And that food looks amazing!