Sunday, April 6, 2008

Zzzzzzz....

That is what you sleep on if you did this yesterday:

And this is the light fixture that we broke as we lifted the mattress off the bed. Hrm. Guess we're going to have to replace that before we leave.

Here's the table we bought from Kent's Home Teaching companion. Our little folding table served us so well, I'm kind of sad to move on, but this new table is beautiful, and we got a great deal on it.
And this is what I resorted to after one night of sleeping on the floor. (Notice how I had three pillows and Kent only had one pillow in the picture above...I'm not so good at sleeping on the floor.) I really wanted to prove to myself that I could sleep on the floor for at least one night; I guess it's my stubborn/rebellious side again. We even bought the air mattress on Saturday night and I didn't use it. I didn't want to think I was too spoiled to sleep on the floor. :D It's silly, I know. But I am pretty excited about the air mattress tonight. Oh, and Kent claims he'd really rather sleep on the floor because an air matress jiggles too much. So we got a mattress for me, which also doubles as a couch during the day while we watch conference (which was INCREDIBLE this time! It's neat to see how President Monson seems different--you can tell that the Lord is giving him the power he needs to presdide over this church).

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Nice Table-
You guys are making lots of "REMEMBER WHEN" stories....to tell your kids someday. :}

Anonymous said...

So young and in love - everything is new and exciting - be safe - wondering how many more moves you will have - when it's your 5th year of marriage - keep track?

heidi said...

it's always so fun to move isn't it, & as i here you'll be moving a lot these next few months, you're such a trooper becca

Emily said...

What an exciting summer you have ahead... how fun to have each other to travel and share it all with!! Good luck with moving your stuff, I love your new table! I can't wait to hear about the adventure!! And Yeah... no school for awhile!!

Creole Wisdom said...

Ahhh moving. I feel ya! But cool dining set, and that blow up mattress looks so plush!

Lisa Brown said...

Don't feel bad about the sleeping on the floor thing. I have never been able to do, as instead I just lie there in pain. So not worth proving yourself over :).