Sunday, April 13, 2008

Rest

The semester is over. We left Rexburg late at night on Thursday after finishing our finals and packing, and now we're here in Logan staying with my family until the 24th. It is lovely to have some "nothing" time. Nothing pressing to do, nothing stressful. Ah. The weather is lovely; it's been in the 50's and 60's since we got here. We went down to Hogle Zoo in Salt Lake on Friday, and yesterday we had a bonfire and picnic in the backyard with some cousins. We also took my brother Jonah to see Horton Hears a Who for his 9th birthday. Kent and I browsed through the mall yesterday and I bought a cute pair of earrings to wear in three weeks when I can take these studs out. It has been a wonderful weekend so far, and it is amazingly restful to be done with school. We've had lots of fun. I've got pictures, and I'll post them up, but I think first I'm going to go take a quiet Sunday nap.

8 comments:

Teresa said...

Rest is good- Glad you are getting so fun time with your Family.

Teresa said...

"some" fun time- is what I meant to say! gee whiz- I think I need the rest :}

Shannon b said...

oh man, nothing to do for almost 2 weeks! That sounds heavenly!

Creole Wisdom said...

Ya! So fun. I'm sure you worked so hard during finals, that is a horrible time! I am envious because I won't have a "break" from school until December 2008. I guess that's why I get for doing summer session. Sigh!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Sunday naps are my favorite. Sweet dreams!

heidi said...

i remember how great it was to be finished from school for a semester, that was so nice to have a break. enjoy

one & a half weeks. eeeeeeeek!

heidi said...

what am i saying.... one week, even better!

Lisa Brown said...

I always loved the relief at the end of a semester. i am so glad you guys are getting some much needed R&R :).