Saturday, September 19, 2009

projects

Having the moms here the past two weeks gave us the opportunity to get help with some projects.
When I'm on my own with Nicholas, I have to keep my goals small for the day. If I'm able to shower, dress myself and him, do the dishes or the laundry (but not both), and make dinner I feel very successful. He's just too sweet and the time is going too fast, so I spend most of my time sitting here on the couch staring at him.

The way I see it, he's not going to be a baby forever, and I don't want to ever look back and wish I had spent more time cuddling him.

So, having Teresa and my mom here allowed me to stay on the couch with my little baby while some major projects got done around the house.
First, Teresa helped us remodel our half bath by painting and installing a light fixture so that Kent could then come in and replace the towel rack and sink fixture. I love how the room turned out!
She also helped by holding Nicholas while Kent and I put up crown molding in the living room.
Now that was a beast of a project.
Just so you know, it is not possible to make crown molding fit around a curved wall. You're better off not even trying to make it work.
Live and learn.

Then, my mom came out and spent many hours making curtains and pillows for our living room. They look fabulous--it's amazing how "finished" the room feels now!



9 comments:

Lis said...

Oh my gosh! its all so cute! I love the livingroom especially!!! Where did you find such CUTE fabric??? Great job on all of it! And I must say that I feel good if I take a shower every day! SAD!!!!

Jocelyn said...

+My Hubby suggests doing a plastic crown for the curved wall. He says it is possible to use regular crown molding, but it does take a lot of patience and time. but I'm thinking that things look great so have fun holding your little one!

Libby said...

Very nice. I like the curtains and that sofa too. The bathroom looks great too. Enjoy Nicholas while he is little, before long he will be in kindergarten and you'll wonder where the time went.

Lisa Brown said...

That's what moms are for :). And you have the perfect attitude about mothering a newborn. Small goals is how you stay sane and are able to enjoy your baby :).

heidi said...

how fun! i'll bet it's nice having those projects done!!

Teresa said...

The curtains turned out fabulous- love the colors.

Grandpa Wood said...

Hmmmm...I guess the fishing poles and golf clubs that Nicholas will use must be in his room. At least they are not evident in the rest of your great looking home. He will be a very successful fisherman because the fish will be coming to him to see someone that good looking!

Grandp Wood

The Tibbitts said...

The house looks great! I need your mom to come help me make curtains. :) I am glad you are getting to spend so much time with your sweet, little boy.

Shantillylace said...

Wow! Your house is darling! I love it!