Sunday, November 30, 2008

Highlights of our Thanksgiving Break:


Logan with the Wood family:

  • Bowling with my brothers and sister. I've been promising the boys I would take them since Kent and I got married. But every time we try to go, something gets in the way. My overactive guilt producer wouldn't let me delay it any longer. And we had a blast! I lost by a lot. But my team ("the Squirrels"-Me, Jonah, and Josh) won!
  • The impromptu Wood Family Musical during Home Evening. My dad reading Luke 2 = perfect time to hum "Silent Night."
  • Dad making barbecued turkey since I wouldn't be there to have some of my grandpa's.
  • Playing "Whoonu"
  • Helping with Nathan's kindergarten feast and eating school lunch with Jonah.
  • Most of all, convincing Dad to let us set up the Christmas tree before Thanksgiving so we could decorate it, drink egg nog, get new matching pajamas from Mom, read Mr. Wilaby's Christmas Tree and sleep in the living room together.


Oregon with the Andersens:

  • Noticing how many things reminded us of Twilight. (The movie was filmed in St. Helens)
  • Burgerville pumpkin shakes. Mmm.
  • Gift basket waiting in hotel room for us from Shannon.
  • Anna showing me her pink room at least six times.
  • Just enjoying our time in Shannon and Scott's beautiful home. I was glad to have time to finally get to know their family a little better. It was wonderful, and so fun!
  • Gingersnap cookies and wassail.
  • Incredible Thanksgiving dinner.
  • Watching Payton direct the orchestra on the Wii.
  • Seeing Teresa and Dan. It's always so nice to get together with family.
  • Conner's sweet baptism. I played the piano, and during the prelude music Conner stood by me and sang along to his favorite Primary songs. It was very, very sweet.
  • Anna and the Christmas lights.

    (Sorry, this picture is blurry-there was so much water in the air that I couldn't turn the flash on)

We had so much fun with both our families! I was sad to leave, both when we drove from Utah to Oregon and then again when we drove from Oregon back to Rexburg. But, only two more weeks until the semester is over! Wahoo!

We hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving, too!

7 comments:

heidi said...

it looks like you had a great break. i love your family photo in front of the christmas tree with you pj's on, so cute!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

Happy Thanksgiving, I wish I could have met you while you were here. How fun that you were able to talk your dad into getting Christmas started early. Love those matching jammies.

marilyn said...

So glad you had a wonderful break. Good luck with the last two weeks. You're done before us. We have 3 more weeks! Are you starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel?

Libby said...

How great that you got to spend the holidays with both of your families. Looks like you had fun during your travels. Good luck with your last two weeks of the semester.

Creole Wisdom said...

I really feel ya, what is so hard about Thanksgiving break is that it falls right before finals... ugh. It's hard to get motivated again! But I have no choice.

The first picture of you two is just adorable : ) I love it! What a fun break, and how nice to go to OR!

Shannon b said...

Thanks guys so much for coming! We really appreciate you taking the time to drive all the way out here. You two are a GREAT aunt & uncle - the kids love you!

Anonymous said...

WOW - what a Thanksgiving time you had.. glad your back safe