Saturday, November 15, 2008

Gratitude

"Those who live in thanksgiving daily have a way of opening their eyes and seeing the wonders and beauties of this world as though seeing them for the first time.


"I encourage you to look around you. Notice the people you care about. Notice the fragrance of the flowers and the song of the birds. Notice and give thanks for the blue of the sky, the color of the leaves, and the white of the clouds. Enjoy every sight, every smell, every taste, every sound.


"As we strive to open our eyes, hearts, and arms, our step will become a little lighter, our smile will become a little brighter, and the darkness that sometimes broods over our lives will become a little lighter.


"Don’t be discouraged if you haven’t been an especially grateful person. Rejoice and think of what an impression you will make on those who thought they knew you. Think of how delightfully surprised they will be.


"Be grateful. Every day is a new canvas—a new opportunity."

-Joseph B. Wirthlin, “Live in Thanksgiving Daily,” Ensign, Sept. 2001, 6

8 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

This is one of my favorite talks on gratitude. Thanks for the reminder to look for the little things and show our gratitude to the One who gave them to us.

marilyn said...

I have got to look this up! Love it! Thanks for the reminder. I love Thanksgiving!

Jocelyn said...

What a cute picture! {love it} I just read this talk last night while online, {great minds!}

Teresa said...

Yes, gratitude is so very important... great post- I hope I always remember to thank those who do wonderful things for me and my family- especially thanking my own personal family- sometimes they are the last to be given thanks{sometimes it's easy to think they all ready know we are thankful for the things they do for us-}Case in Point- I hope Becca you know that I'm thankful that you have Denver over once in awhile for a meal, etc.- thank you.

Creole Wisdom said...

What a great entry! You and your red top are cute : )

heidi said...

great quote, & way fun picture of you!!

Anonymous said...

you still have leaves around to play in - where's the snow.. wink.. that's a fun photo of you - your smile is beautiful just like you!..

Lisa Brown said...

Wonderful quote and cute picture :).