Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Feasting my eyes


My newest (and currently most persistent) addiction:

http://www.foodgawker.com/

Beautiful pictures of food, taken from webpages and blogs all around the world, displayed here with links to the page it came from so you can click on the ones that make your mouth water. Which for me, is almost all of them.

Like the pumpkin milkshake,
homemade potstickers,
sage and apple pork chops,
chocolate roses,
vegetable chowder in a sourdough bread bowl,
homemade sorbet,
and on and on and on.

I seriously have to wear a bib when I open up this website. And I can scroll through those pictures with my face only inches away from the screen for hours. I want to taste everything on there!

Well, almost everything. Sometimes they'll get a wave of bizarre foods from other countries. But if that's what you see when you go to the site, don't give up on it! Either jump to the next ten pages or so, or just wait until the next day. It seems to go in waves of normal, American food one day and then foreign stuff the next. Not that there's anything wrong with foreign foods, they just don't make my mouth water as much.

I love this website. I have loved it for the past few months, and I don't get tired of it, because there's new food every day. And there are certain hormone-charged weeks of the month that I love it way more than any human should feel for a website. I call it the "eat myself to death week." I am learning to stay away from this website during those weeks.

And here's one last example, one of the many pictures that caught my eye on foodgawker.com today:
from http://www.kayotic.nl/blog/?p=1042

7 comments:

Teresa said...

I get "fatter" just looking at pictures like that- fun

Shannon b said...

I'll have to bookmark that site!
I know what you mean about "that week". In the first few months of marriage I shocked Scott by eating 2 Big Macs at one meal like no big deal.

Lisa Brown said...

I wish my food turned out that pretty :).

heidi said...

looks yummy! it might be better for me to stay away from that site altogether, since I'm trying to take off lbs.

Emily said...

I am just not that ambitious... great food is super yummy to eat but its the whole making process that gets me... I do like to cook but trying new things scares me for some reason! that is why my poor family gets the same basic 10 meals rotated through at dinner time... not to mention that my kids would never touch half of that fancy stuff, all the work for only me and Glen??.. not worth it!!! Sure looks like your enjoying new cooking creations though and that is so great... ENJOY!! oh and my vote is for Colorado by the way... it's purely selfish on my part but Colorado is closer and more affordable to travel to and from. We might see you a bit more and that would be great!! good luck with the big decision!! we are looking forward to seeing you guys a bit before Thanksgiving! xoxo

Anonymous said...

yummy - just in time for the holidays...thanks wink!

Anonymous said...

Hey Becca,
Sorry I have been absent from commenting for awhile! I was just reading your post and it made me soooooo hungry! Hope you two aren't freezing in Rexburg! xoxo