Saturday, October 18, 2008

Colorado Springs


And a possible change of plans

Kent was in Colorado yesterday, interviewing with Lockheed Martin about a database position for next year. He said the interview went really well, and the company is nice, too. It's pretty comparable to USAA, actually. So now we don't know if we'll be in San Antonio or in Colorado Springs when we graduate. The city looks nice, and I'm loving the idea of having mountains at least on one side of us. Plus it won't get quite as hot in Colorado as it does in Texas. Homes are more expensive there, but rent is cheaper. Colorado is a very liberal state. The city does have five Targets and a Costco. (Not that those having anything to do with being liberal--I'm just excited about the stores. Rexburg doesn't even have a Super WalMart.)

Or

?


San Antonio is much farther away, and the climate isn't as nice. But we're familiar with San Antonio; we have friends there, a good ward, we know the city pretty well, too, so it's going to be a tough decision to make. In the end, we'll go wherever the Lord wants us to. Isn't it great knowing that we don't have to make all these decisions all alone? That there's a plan for us and we can rely on the knowledge of Someone who knows everything.

I'll let you know what we do decide. We hear back from Lockheed Martin in two weeks, and USAA wants our decision by the end of November.




If you want to see more pictures, there's a photo gallery and information about the city here.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Isn't it wonderful to have choices...you guys are blessed- Happy deciding :}

heidi said...

good luck, either one, I'm sure will be a great experiance

Creole Wisdom said...

You're too cute. If I can live through a year of Sarah Lawrence (frosh year) then you can live in CO! Us conservative gals gotta seize the day!

And yes, the Lord WILL direct you. Isn't that great? Love that.

But I think CO could be really nice. I have heard good things, and have a cousin there. Close to UT, mountains.. : )

Lisa Brown said...

You will totally make the right choice. I am a little biased toward Texas - I LOVE the Austin/San Antonio area - and remember, you lived there during the hottest time of the whole year. The rest of the year San Antonio is gorgeous! Plus, you weren't there in the spring with the wildflower . . . sigh. Did I mention I love Texas? (And no, I didn't grow up there, I just spent 7 months living in Austin at one point, and I fell in love.) Oh, my other bias is that we bank with USAA and love it. He he!

Shannon b said...

decisions, decisions! But isn't that so wonderful that you HAVE options?

The pictures of Colorado look beautiful. For me, I don't think I could live somewhere where it snows a ton -- I hate (& will not) drive in the snow. But you've already been there, done that.

And like Lisa says, the weather the rest of the year in TX might be just your thing. Who knows.

Good luck with weighing things out! You guys do great wherever you choose.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What an exciting time of your life! Both sound wonderful for different reasons.