Monday, March 10, 2008

Our lives as a musical

Last night Kent and I had my old roommate Kayla and her husband Tayler over for dinner. We had nacho chicken and Italian dressing broccoli and Kayla brought a delicious bean dip and tortilla chips. It was so yummy! Then we played Blockus (one of our favorites) and Wackee Six (our other favorite game). It's so great being married and doing fun things like that on a quiet Sunday evening. It was also fun to have so much extra sunlight!

After they left, Kent and I were getting ready for bed and he decided to make the moment a musical. He stepped out from around a corner, singing and singing. And I remembered how a few semesters ago my roommates and I all decided that we would designate one day as a musical day, where we would have to sing everything we said, and if someone started singing a familiar song (like a primary song), we would all have to join in. We were so excited, and we set the date and everything, but that Saturday we were supposed to do it, every one of us completely forgot until we were going to bed. Sad.

Tonight we're getting together with a couple in our ward to do Family Home Evening together. We're going to have a little lesson, go bowling, and have Strawberry Freeze for dessert. I'm excited! We had some of the strawberry freeze last night after dinner, and it's incredible! And it's fun to have an activity all planned out to look forward to all day long.

It's really too bad that sometime today I also must start working on my humungous English essay. I've procrastinated this for seriously way too long. Oh boy.

5 comments:

Shannon b said...

my goodness you guys are quite the cooks! Where do you find the time? I remember that when we were married and in college our staples included - ramen, hamburger helper, and corn dogs. Fast, easy, & cheap!

Boy, I would've loved to have friends like you guys to feed me all the time! :)

Teresa said...

I've been so lacking in the cooking department lately- you've inspired me. Kent has always been the "music man" in our family. Enjoyed your post- I've had a song in my head all day too. I wonder if Dad would go along with singing everything he says- :}

Creole Wisdom said...

Fun! I love FHE, but because I'm in a sorority and have monday night dinner + meetings I can never go.

And singing- how cute : )

heidi said...

fun, i love looking forward to an activity. sounds like you are you are getting together a lot with some friends, that's so exciting & good

Lisa Brown said...

So you just made me realize how grateful I am that email was a novelty and blogs didn't even exhist when I was in college. I don't think I would have gotten anything done :). He he! Oh, your musical day sounds so fun and totally something I would have done with roommates.