Monday, March 17, 2008

It's all relative

Yesterday some of our friends from the ward invited us to dinner, so we walked over to their apartment. I was so happy because it has finally gotten to what I can call


Flip-Flop Weather! (Three cheers!!!)



My feet were so happy to be out of normal shoes at least for a little while! Flip flops aren't allowed on campus because of our dress code, but you can be sure I'll be wearing them everywhere else from now on this year. I've also stopped wearing a coat and I'm down to just a jacket or a sweater. And I can't decide if all of this is because it's actually getting warmer, I'm just rebelling against this stinkin long winter, or because I've gotten so used to the cold by this point that I can hardly feel it anymore.


And yes, that is snow next to my foot. Here's the weather forecast for Rexburg this week, just so you understand what Flip-Flop weather actually means to me. Yes, it's all relative.

6 comments:

Libby said...

According to the forecast it is still way too cold for me to wear flip flops. We are in the high 60's low 70's and I still have a sweater on. The girls on the other hand think it's time for shorts. Your brave.

Teresa said...

Yes, I would say- very brave- way to cold for me- I'm spoiled :}

heidi said...

yikes that's cold! i just ran outside this morning with bare feet & brrrr that was so cold!

Emily said...

I too am ready for flip flops! not to mention a great pedicure... maybe over Easter weekend we can have a ladies night, huh? looking forward to seeing you!

Creole Wisdom said...

I get you! I think flip flops are like heaven, and I saw a girl sporting them a few days ago here in frigid MN.

Lisa Brown said...

I am so grateful to live in a place where I get to wear flip flops year round. I don't know what I would do if i had to go back to shoes. good for you for rebelling against the cold!