Monday, March 24, 2008

And a Happy Easter to one and all!

It was SO nice for us to go down to Logan for the weekend. I love spending time with my family, and it's neat to see how it has just gotten better since I've been married. We've always been close and had a great time together, but every step in my life seems to help me enjoy my family even more than I did before. I think maybe it is because we added a new family member with Kent; he fits in so well and everyone just loves him.

We did so many things this weekend! It was busy, but so good.

On Friday night after we arrived in Logan (and after my ear piercing adventure) we had a big family dinner and easter party in the Church gym. There's so many little cousins and babies that it's gotten easier to do it in a church than in a house. The kids can play basketball or run around all they want and it doesn't make any difference. We had great food, good time visiting with family, an easter-egg hunt in the dark with flashlights (very exciting!), and we gave my Grandpa Murray the Blurb book I made for his 80th birthday that had letters to him and memories of him from all the family.

On Saturday morning we woke up very, very early to drive down to Salt Lake because my sister, Sarah, is in the choir for the Young Women's General Meeting and we went down to watch the dress rehersal in the Conference Center. It was incredible! The Spirit was very sweet, and all those Young Women are so beautiful. Their version of "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" was especially good. Kent and I had lots of fun helping entertain the two little boys while we sat in the Conference Center for five hours during the rehersal. Lots and lots of "Rock, Paper, Scissors."

Saturday afternoon back in Logan we found our Easter baskets (The Easter Bunny comes on Saturday to our family) by following the trails of jelly beans all through the house. He even taped jelly beans up the side of the wall to lead to Jonah's basket above the cupboards. I got a paper cutter, DaVearl's Seasoning, and the movie August Rush in my basket. Kent got the soundtrack for Enchanted, a nice purple tie, pecans, and candy. Then we decorated LOTS of Easter eggs. And by lots I mean 6 dozen eggs!
Saturday night my oldest younger brother, Josh, was in a singing/dancing/acting show that my parents took Kent and I too. There was a nice pasta dinner and then the show was really, really good. My brother definitely got the genes for performing from my dad. I'm sorely deficient in that. :D He was great, and he looked so dashing in his all-white, polyester suit and vest in the disco number they performed.
Sunday was a nice, relaxing Easter with tons of good food and just having fun being home with the family. Now we're back at school, with only 15 school days to go!

4 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow- what a wonderful weekend for you two- glad you had a great time. Cute pictures- you both look great.

heidi said...

very fun! sounds like it was a great easter, with family and lots to do

Libby said...

Glad you got to have a "break" from school, and got to go visit your family. Sounds like you had a great time. I like your banner. Now I just need to try to figure out how to put a banner on our blog.

Creole Wisdom said...

I think the church gym idea is really brilliant. My mom has 8 siblings and they have about 4 kids each so that would be a really good idea, too bad they're all Catholic and I don't know if we could rent out a parish gym...

Enchanted has such great songs. Now all you guys need is a movie!

Happy Easter Becca : )