Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Ten weeks left!

Kent and I are at the official ten week mark. Wow. It seems very unreal that we're actually getting married, and so soon! But it's true. In the meantime, life goes on as usual. Lots of school and homework, working too many hours a week, church callings, and trying to see each other at least a little bit in between all of that. It's going to be so nice when we finally have the same place we call home. We do a scripture study together each night and last night Kent told me that I say the same thing every night. "I wish our scriptures were in the same place!" I'm feeling like the next ten weeks are going to go faster than I had imagined, though, and soon our scriptures will be in the same place.

On Sunday I got all dressed up and had Josh take some "Bridal Pictures" for me because the rest of the weekend had been terrible weather and I didn't want to make my photographer work on Sunday. But they actually turned out very nice! I'm thinking that maybe I won't have my photographer do pictures after all and save the money for something else, like food for a few months... I would post some of the pictures here, but Kent isn't allowed to see them yet, so you'll all have to wait, too.

1 comment:

Shannon b said...

I hope you don't mind if I put in my two cents . . . . but I think you should reconsider ditching a professional photographer for the wedding.

Out of everything we put into our wedding . . . flowers, cake, bridesmaids dresses, tuxedos, favors, etc. etc. The thing that we appreciate & treasure the most today are our wedding photos (all that other stuff is a fuzzy memory). If there was a fire in our house, my wedding photos are probably one of the first things I'd grab -- of course, after my kids :)

And from experience . . . two of Scott's brothers did not get good wedding photos and they have each regretted it very much. It's something you simply cannot go back and do over.

Trust me, you will be so happy if you just go for it.

And happy 10 week mark. I remember counting down the days -- I think Scott and I started at 138.