Friday, October 19, 2007

I'm a "wuss"

As of Thursday we are officially past the two month mark. Wahoney! That's amazing. It really is going faster than I could have imagined. It will be Thanksgiving before we know it, and after that, we're pretty much there!


Last night we watched the movie Signs. Now I'm really not a scary movie person. Until this summer I'd had never seen anything scarier than the first Pirates of the Caribbean. (Kind of pathetic, I know.) I have always had a very active imagination, and I get scared really easily. But then Kent introduced me to Jurrasic Park this summer, and I really kind of enjoyed it. But I could definitely see why my mom never let me watch it as a child. (I literally jumped out of my seat at one point.) Anyway, on Thursday night we watched Signs. It wasn't that scary, really, it was kind of fun and I liked the movie. But then Kent dropped me off to go to bed pretty early-we had a temple appointment at 5 in the morning to do baptisms with a big group of people. So I went to bed at 9, but I didn't go to sleep until midnight. Yeah, I couldn't get the images of the aliens out of my head, especially the part where the hand grabs the little boy out of the coal chute. (At that part while we were watching the movie I jumped so bad that I was shaking for like 30 seconds!) And I didn't want to turn off my light, but then I realized that even if my light was on the aliens' skin changes colors and I wouldn't know the difference. And I was grateful that I had a glass of water on the desk right next to my bed. It's really pretty funny now, and I was laughing at myself too, but that didn't help me go to sleep... Yeah, Kent just told me that his family is going to say I'm a wuss. And I guess I am. :D Kent laughed at me in the morning when I told him about my night. He's such a nice guy.


Kent got an email yesterday about the second interview for the internship. He has to go to San Antonio on November 5th. That is a Monday, so he's going to have to miss school, which will be really hard, but this internship would be very good for us, so it will be worth it if he gets it. We're very excited about it all. We've talked about all of our different options for the coming years, and all of them look good. We are blessed with many opportunities ahead of us. It is going to be great, no matter what we end up doing.

3 comments:

Shannon b said...

it's okay . . . that movie freaked me out for a while too. But I also loved it -- I love all of that director's spooky/scary movies. You should have Kent show you "The Village" next -- very good.

Teresa said...

I jumped at the same spot to. "Lady in the Water"{by the same director} was interesting also; I like his style.
Like your attitude about your future, way to be. :}

heidi said...

i'm a wuss too, that moveie is scary! hope kent's interview goes well