Monday, October 22, 2007

And the rest is history...


I thought it would be fun for me to tell the story of how Kent and I met. We were talking about it last night to a few of our friends, and I realized how so many little things worked together to bring us together. Last winter semester, our ward did something called "Sweet Swap" where two apartments would meet on Sunday nights for a dessert and to discuss the next week's Sunday School lesson.
When they came for Sweet Swap on January 21st, I noticed right off that Kent seemed to be a really nice guy. I sat in the seat next to him on the couch, but then I had to go get my scriptures and while I was gone, my roommate took my seat next to him! So when I got back, I was a little bossy and I made her move, because I wanted to share my scriptures with him. Then, during the lesson, Kent made a comment about the verses we were reading, and that really impressed me.

That night I was wearing pants that my roommate had given me. They are white with pink and tan stripes on them. I kind of think they look like pajamas. But Kent noticed them and thought they were really cool. And I wanted him to talk to me, but he thought I was cute and was too afraid to make eye contact with me. :D
My roommates dared him to prank our apartment. That night, after he had left, we were sitting in our living room and we could hear someone making shoveling noises outside. Kent had dragged snow up the stairs in boxes to stack it against our door. We were
very impressed with the fact that he'd done all of this while we were all sitting right there in the living room.
On my way to my biology class that day, I saw Kent talking to someone in the hallway, and I was so brave and I went up and even touched his arm as I told him how great that prank was. I went to class, and a few minutes later he walked into the classroom. We had no idea we were in the same biology class. Then, the next day we had that class again, I sat next to him. And the rest is history.
I love Kent so very much. He is very faithful and his testimony is strong. He knows how to work, and he's very determined. He knows what is right, and he follows through with what he knows he should be doing. He has a way of making everyone feel so comfortable and at ease with him; he's very easy to trust and everyone knows right away that his intentions and friendliness are genuine. He adores children, and kids love him because they know that he really cares about them and understands them. He loves to have fun, and he keeps me from getting too serious or stressed about unimportant things. And he can always make me laugh. Oh I love him! I am a lucky girl.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I only heard that you met Kent at college. So it was nice to read how you met ... you are cute together! Not to many days left before the big day!

Teresa said...

Thanks for sharing :}

heidi said...

i don't know if i have heard that story, fun. sounds like you two will be happy. & if there is one thing i know about kent it is truly that kids LOVE him