Tuesday, July 9, 2013

summer sunset

At my parents' house last week.

The summer sunsets in the mountain west rival those I've seen in Hawaii.  

When I was growing up, my grandpa (who lived next-door to my family) would always call us when he saw a pretty sunset and tell us to run to the window quick to see it.

I'd dash barefoot outside to the stretch of grass in front of his chain-link fence where a field opened up for an unobstructed view of the sunset.

I have photo after photo in a box in my basement of sunset pictures I took from that spot with my little film camera.  

And every time I see a sunset like this,
I feel a tug in my heart.
I wish I could call Grandpa and tell him to look at the sunset.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Sweet...I'm sure somehow he knows and understands your joy.
Happy Day