Tuesday, May 14, 2013

I think she loves him


I think I do too.
I think I love them both.
Their little hands wrapped around each other.  

Nicholas's hands have lost the dimples in the back.  He's a boy now, no longer a baby/toddler, and I'm embracing the changes in him-his ideas, opinions, imagination, affection, enthusiasm.
His finger on the trigger of the water gun, his tongue partly out, his bold big-boy stance. 
His pizza shirt--he doesn't even like pepperoni (although he claims he does.)

Her adoring cheese-face smile.
The rolls on her ankles, wrists, and elbows.
Her wispy red-blonde hair.
How sweet she looks in the linen dress we brought her from Mexico.
Her toes curled under. 
Her squishy hugs and the way she grins at me and shrugs her shoulders.  

We had the best time on our vacation, but my mommy-heart
is glad to be back.

1 comment:

Teresa said...

Adorable...miss those little guys.