Saturday, March 30, 2013

steve the duck


 We colored Easter eggs last weekend at my parents' house.
Nicholas colored fifteen eggs in about two and a half minutes.
So he colored them again.
And then again.
What started out as fifteen multi-colored pastel eggs turned into fifteen orangey-yellow eggs.  Then fifteen blue-ish eggs.  And then fifteen varying shades of green eggs.



Ellie didn't last long...she was pretty aggressive, trying to grab and tip the cups of egg dye.  After a few minutes, Grandpa and Ellie retreated to take a nap.

And that's right about when things got really silly.
Nicholas looked over at me, did a little wiggle dance, and then said,
"Whew! It's a good thing I have no idea what you are!"
What?

And then, out of the blue, he was humming and wiggling and said,
"Steve!"

Then my mom dyed an egg that had one single white polka dot.  She drew an eye on it.
She held it up for us to see,
and Nicholas loudly declared,
"It's Steve the Duck!"

You can't script this kind of silliness.


 So, naturally, my brother Josh made a conversation bubble nametag for Steve the Duck.
I love my family.

Happy Easter!

No comments: