Thursday, November 29, 2012

gumdrop tree

It doesn't feel like Christmastime until I get out my gumdrop tree.
I made this tree in Kindergarten.  I remember pinching it with my fingernails to make it look like pine needles.   

Kent thinks it's ugly.  
And maybe it is.
But it just doesn't feel like Christmas without my gumdrop tree on the windowsill.

When I got it out yesterday, Nicholas said,
"What is that?"
I told him it was a little Christmas tree and he said,
"Oh! It's pretty sweet!"  (Apparently his catchphrase lately.)

2 comments:

Small town country girl... said...

I think it's cute. It was so nice meeting you at Blain's funeral. Just wish it had been under different circumstances. Your little family is adorable. I have enjoyed getting to know you through your blog.

Becca and Kent said...

@small town country...
Thanks!! It was great getting to meet you too!