Friday, March 18, 2011

constantly rewarding

Okay, do you know how lucky I am?
Do you know how many times I find myself looking over at my husband,
usually when we're doing the most everyday things,
and feeling that sweet warm tingling,

thinking to myself, how did I get him to marry me?

Gordon B. Hinckley (former president of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints) once spoke of
“the kind of respect that regards one’s companion as the most precious friend on earth.” 
He said: “Companionship in marriage is prone to become commonplace and even dull. I know of no more certain way to keep it on a lofty and inspiring plane than for a man occasionally to reflect upon the fact that the helpmeet who stands at his side is a daughter of God, engaged with God in the great creative process of bringing to pass His eternal purposes. 

"I know of no more effective way for a woman to keep ever radiant the love for her husband than for her to look for and emphasize the godly qualities that are a part of every son of our Father and that can be evoked when there is respect and admiration and encouragement. The very processes of such actions will cultivate a constantly rewarding appreciation for one another.”

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Love this quote and so very true!
I regard Danny as my most precious friend on earth.
I love seeing each of my children marry their precious friend also.
Love you guys

Annilee said...

What talk is this from Becca? I have searched for it and just can't seem to find it...thanks!