Friday, June 4, 2010

a day in the life of Nicholas

Part two.
It has been seven months since the last time Nicholas wrote a post about a day in his life. Things around here are quite different than they were seven months ago.

June 2, 2010

5:30 am: Wake up and stand in my crib until Mom comes in and feeds me my early breakfast. It's all I need to go back to sleep for a few more hours.
7:30 am: Good morning! I wake up right as Dad is leaving for work. He brings me into the bedroom so I can play on the floor while Mom spends a few more minutes in bed.
8:00 am: Time to get dressed. I'm not nearly as easy to dress as I was seven months ago.
8:15 am: We play with my toys in the bedroom.
8:30 am: Mom takes me downstairs for my breakfast. I like to eat a bowl of rice cereal with bananas and berries.
8:50 am: Dance party in the living room! Mom's trying to teach me how to do some dance moves of my own.
9:00 am: Mom needs to take a shower. I'm not a big fan of this activity.

So I stand here and cry/whine until Mom is done and gets out of the shower.
(note from Mom: you can be assured that this picture was staged, and there are two reasons why. 1. Nicholas isn't crying. 2. I don't make a habit of taking our camera in the shower with me.)
9:30 am: I sit in the sink while Mom does her makeup and her hair. This is probably my favorite place to sit in the whole house.
10:00 am: Time for my first nap. Mom feeds me and I fall asleep.
12:30 pm: I'm awake again! Now it's time to read books while we snuggle.
This is my favorite book. It's about a cow who lost her moo.
1:00 pm: I get to talk to my uncle Jonah and my grandma on the phone. I show them how I've learned to say the word "hi." Yep, it's my first word!1:15 pm: Lunchtime! While I eat I play with my favorite toy--the pastry brush.It's a lot of fun!
1:30 pm: My friend Pax and his mom Anita come over to play. I love it when they come over! We like playing together, and I really like Anita. She usually has cheerios. And she thinks I'm adorable.

2:00 pm: It's my naptime again. Mom feeds me and I fall asleep.
3:30 pm: I'm awake! We practice crawling up the stairs.
3:36 pm: We go up the stairs again.
3:43 pm: Again!
Stairs are fun.
3:45 pm: Since I liked watching Elmo so much when Pax was here, Mom puts it on again for me, and I show her how I've learned how to dance. Her dance parties with me have finally paid off!

4:00 pm: I play by myself in the living room for a while while Mom does some chores. I'm actually pretty good at playing on my own. I have lots of interesting toys.
4:30 pm: Dad calls to let us know he's on his way home.
4:35 pm: Mom takes me upstairs to change my diaper and my clothes because I smell like baby food and baby sweat and a wet diaper.
Have I mentioned that diaper changes aren't as easy for my parents as they used to be?

5:00 pm: Dad is home! Mom is happy, and so am I. Me and Dad wrestle in the living room.
5:30 pm: I show Dad how I've learned how to dance. He thinks it's the cutest thing he's ever seen.
6:00 pm: Mom makes dinner and I play in the kitchen.
6:30 pm: We eat dinner.
7:15 pm: Bathtime.
8:00 pm: Mom has fed me and I'm ready to fall asleep.
Good night.

6 comments:

heidi said...

too cute! that's too funny that he hates it when you take the shower, i'm having a hard time remembering though what my kids did!!

Jocelyn said...

what a great post! I'll have to do this with my boys sometime, you know when I find the time. My little Nicholas sleeps the same way! so precious!

magunn said...

Sounds quite like our day! I also think one of both of our favorite times is when Dad comes home. And perhaps reading. I might have to copy this post as well. :) And by the way, your pictures are gorgeous! Do you have a fabulous camera of sorts?

Shannon b said...

sounds like a great day! He looks so happy in alll the pictures. Why shouldn't he . . . he has a happy little life. :)

Mike and Alli said...

Oh man, I love your camera. The camera person is obviously quite talented and creative too! Such cute photos.

The Tibbitts said...

What a fun day! I'm glad that you are starting to get more sleep at night. I remember the first night Luke didn't wake up until morning; I woke up and told Tayler, "I feel sooo good!" Glad that you guys are doing so well.