Wednesday, June 2, 2010

blessed sleep

Last night, as we were crawling into bed, Kent told me that I am a much happier, much better and "funner" wife than I was two weeks ago.

Nicholas has slept from 8 until 4:30 or 5 every night for the past two weeks.
He has learned how to self-comfort and put himself back to sleep without nursing if he wakes up during the night.

He seems so much cuter now (if that's even possible) than he was two weeks ago.
Everything around me seems to be clearer than it was two weeks ago.
I am so much better at having fun with my little family than I was two weeks ago.

It's amazing what consistently getting at least 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep will do for you.
After nine months of night feedings, it's little wonder I am a happier woman indeed.

6 comments:

heidi said...

it makes a big difference, glad it's a happier.

Teresa said...

Happy Day.... =)
Sleep is a wonderful thing.

That is an adorable picture

Jess said...

I love your little family! Yay life. :)

And yes, I'm still coming to Texas! Eventually... I'm currently slated to be there in October, but I have a feeling it will be pushed back later than that... I'll keep you posted!

Emily said...

WOW you are a saint that you've let those night feedings go on for nine months! Mine must know that is not allowed around here. :) I always say I will teach them to sleep all night at four months if needed- so far they have all done it on their own with only a little coaxing needed for a few of them!

YAY for you! Sleep is wonderful!

Libby said...

Sleep definately helps. I think I was zombie Mom for at least 4 years. Hope he keeps sleeping.

Lisa Brown said...

Sleep makes all the difference. I was in a fog for 5 years because my kids had sleep apnea, and unfortunately, they didn't do the surgery to correct it for Lily until Derek was 6 weeks old. I am so glad you are getting to feel like a human again :).