Thursday, November 5, 2009

a day

In the life of Nicholas.

November 4, 2009

1:00 am: Wake up, Mom comes in and feeds me.
4:00 am: Wake up again, Mom changes my diaper and feeds me, then rubs my face with her fingers to make me fall asleep again. I love it when she does that.
7:00 am: Wake up as Daddy leaves for work. Give him a snuggle, then join Mom in bed to eat.
7:30-9:00 am: Play time in the big bed. This is my favorite time of day. I laugh and smile and tell Mom all about the dreams I had.
9:00: Time to get ready for the day! I've just about outgrown my changing table. I don't know what Mom and Dad are going to do with me when I do.

9:30 am: Sit in the bouncy chair while Mom takes a shower. It's so fun to play with my toys, and I just LOVE the pattern on the laundry bag that hangs by my chair. I could smile at that bag all day long if Mom would let me!10:30 am: Play by myself while Mom eats breakfast and gets ready for the day.
11:00 am: Eat.
11:45 am: Mom puts me in the stroller and we go for a little walk.

Being outdoors makes me sleepy.

12:30 pm: We're home now, and Mom changes my diaper. Aren't I the cutest?
1:00 pm: I take a short snooze in Mom's lap now while Mom checks the blogs.
Side not from Mom: This is why I haven't been the best at blog commenting lately. I do read all your blogs, I just can't comment very easily because I have a sleeping baby in one arm. I suppose I could put him down...but look at that face! Sorry. Won't do it.

2:00 pm: Eat again. Fall promptly asleep and stay that way until Dad comes home from work. If I didn't have this one long nap a day, Mom would never be able to keep the house clean. So I sleep out of kindness.
5:00 pm: Dad's home! I eat again, and then Dad buckles me up in the carseat. I am a little bit nervous about this, not knowing where Mom and Dad are taking me.
I fall asleep in the carseat, so I miss out on Dad's USAA work party where Mom played arcades for the first time in her life and Dad won the jackpot with this little ball-dropping thingy. But Dad looks pretty un-excited about it, so I probably didn't miss much.
7:30 pm: A Costco trip. Very exciting.
8:30 pm: Home now, and I MUST be fed. I let Mom know. She feeds me. We have a great system going.
9:00 pm: I'm up unusually late, so Mom and Dad give me a bath. It was so relaxing that I couldn't stop myself from forcing them to refill the tub twice, if you know what I mean.
9:45 pm: I finally fall asleep while Mom and Dad are watching Heroes on Netflix. I think I already mentioned that I like to have someone touch my face while I fall asleep. Here is proof.
It's a wonderful life I've got here.
-Nicholas

11 comments:

Shannon b said...

fun post Becca! How great of you to record his schedule . . . I bet this will be fun to look a year from now and compare. Then, he'll probably be running around and causing you all sorts of trouble while you try to check the blogs! :)

heidi said...

cute post! and seriously what a life that babies have!!

Jocelyn said...

so cute! Man I miss those days. Brock is going a mile a minute now and with our little Nicholas on the way I'm sure it won't slow down. I can see you are really enjoying these precious moments with your baby boy. Thanks for sharing!

The Tibbitts said...

What a life! If only moms and dads could get a day like that once in a while. Cute pics!

Shantillylace said...

That's so cute! Becca, you are so gifted with writing...I love reading your blogs!

Elder Caleb Habel said...

What a wonderful day...life!

Teresa said...

fun- thanks for sharing his day with us-
Hugs

Lisa Brown said...

What a wonderful post!

And my kids quickly outgrew their changing table, mostly because they were such big rollers at an early age, and so what I did was put the diaper changing pad, wipes and diapers in an easily accesible drawer (like in our entertainment center) and changed them on the floor from then on.

Anonymous said...

He is one lucky little man to have a mommy who shows how happy motherhood is -- no crying that the best! O one more thingy -- cute cute boy you have!
Lot of Loves from ...
Aunt Kristeen. kandgough@gmail.com

Lis said...

Seriously, he is a DOLL! I love his big blue eyes! It was so good to see you both the other day too! and Just so you know, when I said id take more pictures of him when he got older, I didnt just mean once! Youre more than welcome to come over once a month! OR MORE! haha! I need the practice and hes just TOO cute!

Mike and Alli said...

I think his day was even more exciting than mine! Cute entry! Hopefully we can hang out again soon. :)