Thursday, March 25, 2010

bliss on a blanket revisited

Almost exactly a year ago,
I wrote about "Bliss on a Blanket."
I was taking advantage of the tiny space in time
after Idaho warmed up a little
but before my expanding belly got too big to comfortably lay on.

Today that Reason my stomach grew and grew and grew last year
and I
ventured outside into the sunshine.

Because although we don't have grass in the backyard yet,
no one is going to stop us from setting our blanket on the weeds.

And let me tell you.
It was a beautiful day.



Nicholas took his first "crawling step" forward-
got up on all fours and moved one knee forward before sliding back down to his stomach.
Who knew weeds and a garden hose would be so enticing?
I noticed this little guy sunbathing on the lawnmower handle.
We haven't seen him since November.
Do geckos hibernate? I did a report on them in fourth grade, but the only thing I can remember is
that they use their tongues to clean their eyes.
Weird fact. That's all I learned.

I bought these tiki torches for Kent for Christmas.
We lit them a few nights ago.
Our backyard was magical.

I'm thinking we should head outside more often.

8 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

So fun! I am jealous that your grass is already green, but am so glad that you are getting to enjoy it! Luke and I have been going on walks almost every day this week and last week because it is finally above 30 degrees in Rexburg and we love being able to get out of the house. I love that last picture of Nicholas-he looks just like Kent! :)

Shannon b said...

I love your post title . . . bliss on a blanket. I remember many similar blissful moments when Conner was a baby. Except it wasn't our backyard, but the patch of grass outside our apartment building. You make due with what you have, right?! :)

Signature Kauai said...

nothing better than a blanket spread in the backyard topped with a baby and some sunshine! sounds like a perfect day to me!

Oliver's legwarmers are from baby legs. I have several patterns. My favorite ones have flames like a race car! Evan and eli have even worn them on their arms... super cute! Some Target stores carry them, several baby boutiques or you can just order them from online... I LOVE them... paired with a white onesie is my favorite outfit on a baby!

Signature Kauai said...

oops... Glen was signed in with his company name...I'm sure you figured it out but just in case these comments are from Emily, your cuz!

heidi said...

i enjoy being outside in the warm sun!

Jocelyn said...

oh I can't wait for it to warm up enough here to spend some time out in the sun shine soaking in the "bliss" hope you enjoy many more days before it becomes too hot!

Lisa Brown said...

Isn't it amazing how much your life can change in the space of a year? I love it :).

Savanah said...

Just wanted you to know that I think the way you've decorated your home is adorable! And so is your little boy!