Sunday, June 28, 2009

giving thanks

I have a lot of things to be thankful for right now.
To name just a few:
1. Our house. We LOVE it.
2. Having internet again!
3. Good friends.

Before we moved in on Thursday, we wanted to get the initial cleaning and painting done for our home.

I've been a little (or more than a little) anxious about it because Kent works all day and I'm no longer able to do much work.

Kent keeps telling me that I'm working on a much more important job, but it's still really frustrating to me to not be able to do all that I want to for our house.

But that's where our great friends come in.

Dallin and Cindy and Mark and Anita were at our house for probably 8 hours a day last weekend. Their babies played together on the floor, the guys took down the nasty curtains and taped rooms and painted, and the girls helped me scrub the cupboards and unpack the kitchen stuff and clean the showers.

Dallin even dug through the garbage the previous owners left behind to find me a few "like-new" garbage cans to use in the house!

Then they came back on Thursday to help us move in. It was so nice!

I have a lot more posts to do, but for now here's a glimpse of our new wall color (and poor little Jayden asleep on the floor while his parents helped us into the late hours of the night).
Stay tuned for exciting posts about Kent's birthday, setting up our house, poodles, and more!

2 comments:

Shannon b said...

Wow - that is so amazing you had so many people to help you out last week - what a blessing!
And poodles? I am definitely intrigued.

Teresa said...

I can't wait....glad you had lots of help- it's nice to have friends like that.
and like Kent said, the project you are working on right now is much MUCH more important =)