Monday, April 6, 2009

an end and a beginning


We're at the end now. Kent tried on his cap and gown in preparation for Thursday and Friday.

This morning I finished my very last homework assignment ever. (Finals week is actually this week, but all my teachers decided to be "nice" and make everything due last week. Which just made last week as crazy as finals week usually would be.)

But it's nice to be done.
I even finished my final cake project. (Sorry the picture is small. I post a bigger one on Wednesday, I promise).
I traveled to the National Undergraduate Literature Conference last week and gave a reading of one of my short stories.
The experience was eye-opening.

BYU-Idaho is a wonderful school. I'm glad I came here. For one thing, if I hadn't I wouldn't have met and fallen in love with the crazy boy who is at this very moment singing about eating potatoes while he sends me instant messages from across the table.
Yes, I'm so glad I came here. I love this school and I've even learned to love the frozen tundra of Rexburg.

BYU-Idaho is a very sheltered place. Our "bubble" is thick.
I'm going to miss it,
but there's so much coming.

6 comments:

The Tibbitts said...

I completely agree with what you said. BYU-Idaho is a great school and it is nice to feel secure in our little bubble, but leaving is a great opportunity to use what we've learned to help others. I am very excited for your new beginning.

heidi said...

congrats to you both, i'm so excited for you and can't wait to see you in a few weeks

Teresa said...

How fun to see Kent in his cap and gown!
Yes, things will be changing fast- hang on for a wonderful ride.

Shannon b said...

oh what a fun time your lives! I remember the excitement of graduating and moving into the real world (out of the bubble). It was so fun to go to some place new, try new things, meet new people . . . . you guys have so much to look forward too!

Libby said...

Congratulations on your upcoming graduation(s). It takes awhile to get use to life without homework. But there will be much less stress. You guys have alot of exciting things in front of you. Congratulations and best of luck.

Unknown said...

Congratulations Kent and best of luck from martel