Friday, January 16, 2009

A culinary experiment

I'm taking a class this semester. Entirely for fun. It's my way of taking advantage of being in college for the last semester and attending a class simply out of curiosity.

And it doesn't hurt that my homework assignments for this class include "make one batch of buttercream frosting" and "bake a cake and give it to someone." What fun! SO, when I sit down to do my homework each night, I get to choose between writing a report and cake decorating. Yeah, cake decorating wins.

So, here is my first attempt! I've got some things to work on, but it sure was exciting!

6 comments:

Jamie Blake said...

that cake looks so delightful! and delicious! sounds like such a fun class...

heidi said...

it looks great, way to go!!!

Teresa said...

How fun- I've always thought it would be great to take a class like that-
and your cake looks great.

Jess said...

Mmmm! That looks excellent! I vote that your next homework assignment is to bake and decorate a cake, pack it very carefully and ship it to Logan.

;)

Anonymous said...

it all looks yummy to me!

Lisa Brown said...

Very cute! I have always loved cake decorating and have always wanted to take a class. Once of my friends took a flower arranging class and got to bring home fresh flowers every week :).