Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Tony Grove

While we were at my parent's house before coming back here to Rexburg, we decided to spend one of our nights camping at Tony Grove. It was pretty cold up there, but so beautiful, and I'm glad we did. Tony Grove is one of my favorite places. My family went every summer while I was growing up; there are so many memories I have of the lake and campground. And last summer it was our day at Tony Grove that led to Kent asking my dad if he could marry me.



Kent has told me that camping is only fun to him if he can do something while he's there to alter the processes of nature. Build a dam, make traps, create big fires, etc. So when he saw this little stream on the opposite side of the lake, he just had to build a dam.



Kent cooked our tin-foil dinners on the fire. We took up an entire box of wood, but we ran out when there was still two hours until dark. I suggested that we take a walk around the campground, and I'm glad we did, because we found three empty campsites with stacks of firewood left by previous campers. I'm sure we looked a little funny walking around the campground with our arms full of firewood, but it was so nice to have that warm fire as the sun went down.

3 comments:

heidi said...

"alter the process of nature" Sam and kent must be brothers, that's so funny!

Teresa said...

sounds like a lovely time- cute pictures

Anonymous said...

Tony Grove looks beautiful place for photos taking... I am thinking that is where we might have our family photo done for thhis year!
you two look good in the photo by the way...