Saturday, September 20, 2008

Hot Pockets


Last night Kent's cousin, Jake, came over for dinner and we made calzones, or, as I always called them when we'd make them as kids, hot pockets!


I got this picture from the Kraft foods website--our calzones didn't look quite as pretty, but they were sure good! I just used refrigerated pizza crust because I didn't have time to make some, and we stuffed them with whatever we wanted! We used chicken, pepperoni, chopped ham, green peppers, cheese, and a choice of pizza sauce (which I did make homemade), ranch, or barbeque sauce.

This semester is going to be very, very busy for me. So I'm going to have to make sure I do something fun like this every once in a while or else I'll go crazy! I have so much homework-I'm usually doing school stuff until 10 at night every night. But it's kind of satisfying to work so hard when graduation is getting so much closer. Until this semester, graduation didn't seem like it was going to feel like I'd actually done something impressive; but now, I am so excited to graduate, to know that I worked so hard and accomplished my goal of getting a higher education. So, I just have to get through 12 more weeks for this semester, and then only one more semester after that!

Twelve more weeks sounds like a very long time. I need to get started on that homework.

6 comments:

heidi said...

so close, yet so far with school, it will come.

Anonymous said...

How nice of you to feed Jake! You are going to be his new favorite cousin! =) You guys are the best!

Teresa said...

The food looks great- I'm sure Jake loved it-
Hang in with school :}

Lisa Brown said...

Just wait until you take that last final. It is the best feeling ever :).

marilyn said...

Good luck with school. Isn't it great to be able to see the light at the end of the tunnel? I'm with Lisa, that last test, walking out the door. . .an incredible feeling!!!

Jocelyn said...

Becca I love your new header! very cute! It's also nice to have some family around huh! the hot po0ckets sound great! good luck with everything in school and hopefully it'll go by fast for you! Brock dying for my attention right now so I better run!