Sunday, October 11, 2015

home

We finally got confirmation on Monday that the sale of this home had been recorded.
Our beautiful house is no longer actually ours.
And it's a bittersweet thing indeed.

Sweet because we have been so blessed. 
Blessed to have been here for three wonderful years.
Blessed by the friends we've made, the ward we've loved, our mountains, the parks, paths, shops, places, and memories.
And so very blessed to have sold it when the time was right, and be able to stay for just a little bit longer.



It has taken me a very long time to be okay with moving.
My head has known that it is right,
even more than right--it is what the Lord wants for our family,
but my heart didn't understand why, and didn't want to go.
And so I dragged my feet. And found reasons to complain, 
spent my time looking for all the things about moving that are hard,
all the things that are complicated and difficult.
(and there are many! Moving stinks.)

It certainly didn't help that as of three weeks ago, Nicholas has been accepted into every single charter school (5 of them!) we applied for here in this area. I was hoping he'd make into even one of them....and I had to turn them all down.



Kent says I get too attached to places.
And he's right, I'm sure. But it's hard for me to leave a place where I've been so happy, where so much of our family has happened.


The stories from 1 Nephi (you can find them here), have been a source of great peace, strength, and even self-correction for me over the past months.
Nephi's family was also asked to leave "The Land of their Inheritance," for reasons they didn't completely understand,
and some of them were okay with that,
but most of them murmured at one time or another. And when they did, things didn't go so well for them.

What I've come to see is that,
if we want the blessings that the Lord has in store for us,
we must be willing to follow the path He chooses. Even when it doesn't make sense. Or when it's hard. Or when we'd rather just pout and delay and murmur. 

1 Nephi 17:13
"And I will also be your light in the wilderness; 
and I will prepare the way before you, 
if it so be that ye shall keep my commandments; wherefore, 
inasmuch as ye shall keep my commandments 
ye shall be led towards the promised land
and ye shall know that it is by me that ye are led."
We have loved this home,
and we expected to be here for much longer,
but, I'm doing my very best now to look forward with hope
for whatever might be ahead of us 
in our new home.


Life is so very good.
And each change, while hard in the process,
simply adds to our joy if we open our hearts to find it.

1 comment:

plpamlee@gmail.com said...

Well said and expressed...it is A ok to be attached to places..that's how we keep our balance in life and that's what women do so don't apologize for that...we will miss you and our visits with Nicholas and Ellie