Thursday, January 13, 2011

please tell me you understand why it took me so long.


What do you notice about these three pictures?



Yes, that's right.
There are no toddlers helping build those houses.
If there were, it would take them fifteen years to build the house.  Or possibly most likely longer.

And that is why I am truly proud to tell you that today,
today I finally finished stripping the wallpaper in my master bathroom.

HOORAY!  Happy dance.  (Being careful not to move my arms-ouch.)
And you  know, if I was queen for a day,
the very first thing I would do would be declare that wallpaper 
is forever banned.  From everywhere.
The end.

3 comments:

marilyn said...

I totally agree. I have had to strip wallpaper in every room of my house, and it is awful!!! Talk about exhaustion. Good for you in persevering in that task!

Dallin said...

lucky for us, our house was completely de-wallpapered by the time we bought it, except of course for strategic locations like behind the toilets... Congrats on your great accomplishment, aren't those long-running projects just oh so fun?

Lisa Brown said...

Congrats on getting it off! Everything takes ten times as long when you have a toddler - or a baby for that matter. I am lucky my kids are in the phase where they can take care of themselves while I disappear for a morning painting a bathroom.