Friday, October 15, 2010

words

A few weeks ago it seemed like Nicholas could repeat a bunch of words, but the only ones he said on his own were "mom," "dad," and "no."  

All the sudden though, he's learning 3-4 new words every day, and using them consistently.  I am just amazed at the things he can say, and I need to record them somewhere, so all of you lucky readers now get to enjoy the
List of Words Nicholas Knows Right Now:


Mom
Dad
Ball
Up
Book
No
Hi
Bye
Bubble (probably my favorite)
Pop
Cracker
Grandma ("ooma")
Duck/Quack
Shoes
Amen
Thank you ("teh-too")
You're Welcome ("bekom")
Outside
Downstairs
Done
Blocks
Wow
Dance

There probably are more that I just can't remember right now.
And now one cute little story:
Yesterday morning I was sitting on the floor and Nicholas walked up to me with the TV remote in his hand, saying "teh-too, teh-too, teh-too" in this sweet little voice.  He handed me the remote, so I said "Oh thank you, Nicholas!" and he turned around and says "Bekom" with this saucy little gleam in his eye as he walks away, as if he's thinking "Now aren't I just the nicest boy you've ever met?"
Adorable.

4 comments:

Shannon b said...

what a polite little boy! I bet he is so proud of his new vocabulary!

Teresa said...

Oh it's always so fun to hear their first words.... I hope he has some of Kent baby talk.

Cindy said...

Love that picture!

Lisa Brown said...

I love the "parrot" stage! It is just amazing to see how they listen and their vocabulary expands every single day. So fun!