Saturday, October 2, 2010

our home's with God

My dear Grandpa Murray died last night. 
I cried sweet happy-sad tears when I found out this morning. 
He is no longer suffering.  But he is missed here on earth.

In the August Ensign of this year, there was a hymn "Come Home."

Come home, the Father calls.
Come home, my child, to me.

Come home.
 
The Holy Ghost will lead you to eternity.

Lest we forget our home’s with God,
This lovely earth, its seas, its sky
And all things beautiful and true
of Heav’nly Father testify.


As I feel the special spirit of General Conference today, I 
feel those happy-sad tears again.

My grandpa is home.

8 comments:

Emily said...

Grandpa is dearly loved by each of us and so many others...his life has been tremendous! We will miss him so much. I am grateful for the gospel and the knowledge that we have of the plan of salvation- what comfort that brings. We will see him again!

See you in a few days :) hang in there!

Jess said...

I'm sorry for your loss, Becca. No longer being able to see and talk with a loved one is always hard.

And thank you for this reminder--won't it be great to go home?

Lisa Brown said...

I am so sorry Becca. Isn't the gospel such a comfort?

heidi said...

I'm sorry, I'm sure you were close. I'm grateful for our knowledge in the gospel.

Shannon b said...

I'm sorry about your grandpa, Becca. I can imagine it's been a remembering, feeling kind of day. How wonderful, though, that you got to enjoy the sweet spirit from conference during this time.

Savanah said...

What a beautiful post, thank you for that perspective.

Sharlee said...

So sorry to hear about your loss. What a beautiful post, though.

Mariley Johnson said...

Sorry to hear about your Grandpa. Is the lawn chair significant to your Grandpa? It sure reminds me of mine.