Tuesday, September 28, 2010

one year pictures

Attempt number one, anyway.
Out of the 59 pictures I took, more than 30 of them look something like this:Nicholas walking away from me, way more interested in the cement under his feet than in smiling at his camera-wielding mother.
But don't you just love how he still has those adorable rolls on his ankles? It almost makes me hope that he never loses those.
Okay, so that's not true. A 20-something-year-old with ankle rolls probably wouldn't be quite so adorable.
For now, though, I'm loving it.

One of the only ways I could get him to both look at me and smile was playing "5 little monkeys." Hence the blurry hand. Those little monkeys are swinging in the tree.

I enlisted Kent's help, and we managed to get a couple of good ones, but we will definitely be trying again later this week.

He's no longer able to sit still and smile at me while I snap picture after picture,
but I'm pretty certain he gets cuter every day.
We just have to work a little harder to capture that cuteness on camera.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Oh yes, this age is a hard one to capture...love the walking away picture =)
He is adorable in all the pictures.

magunn said...

So true ... and doesn't it feel like there's a billion more things to capture now? I just can't seem to get them all! Is your son's hair turning red, by the way? So cute. Sometimes I feel like Mac's might have a red tint ... I would LOVE a redhead.

heidi said...

what a cutie, this is a very hard age to photograph, I like sitting them on something (a chair, bench, thick window seals, get creative) they can't get away from me quickly, you'll be able to get more pictures.

bree said...

I can't believe the little guy is a year old! Time sure flies. He's so precious his pictures always make me smile :)

The Tibbitts said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one that has trouble getting a cute toddler on camera! I think Nicholas is adorable though and worth all of the effort.

Lisa Brown said...

Aww, memories :). Derek's one year old portraits were an adventure as well. I would suggest taking him to a park - that is what I did with my guy. This was the winner that day: http://lisabrown.typepad.com/photos/kid_portraits/img_31221.html

Oh, and be sure and get some blue bonnet pics with him in the spring - so fun!