Thursday, July 1, 2010

on the first of July

There's a little ghost behind my curtains. Nicholas likes to stand up against the glass patio doors and look outside.
I love the little foot peeking out the bottom.

Yesterday Kent worked for 17 hours straight, then he woke up at 5 this morning to head back into work.
I wish I knew what I can do to help him somehow.

Nicholas has been playing with my laptop. The "a" key now is really hard to press down.
If I don't py ttention, my typing begins to hve problems becuse the A won't work.

We are experiencing the outer edge of Hurricane Alex (or hurricne lex if my finger gets lazy). Rain, rain, rain. We live the perfect distance away from the coast, and because of that, hurricanes are good news for us.
But hurricanes aren't the best 4th of July barbecue and fireworks weather.

Speaking of the 4th of July, I have the world's best birthday present ever planned for Kent. He's going to love it.
I think sometimes I get more excited about presents I'm giving than the people I'm giving them to do.

Yesterday when we were grocery shopping, I ran out of room in the cart to put the watermelon I bought, so I set it in the seat with Nicholas. It would seem that there's nothing that makes that boy happier than sitting next to a watermelon.
I left it on the floor when we got home and he's been playing with it all morning.

In 19 days we are heading to Utah. Warm days and cool nights. Soft, lush, Utah grass. Mountains. Big night skies full of stars. Camping, swimming, family, food. It's going to be great.

In 47 days my baby turns one. What has happened here?

Ready for it or not, it's July!

5 comments:

heidi said...

well i'm not ready for july but I am ready for it to be the end of august!! lol

Lisa Brown said...

I am excited to get out to real grass too :). Although I am not all that excited to have Colorado winters - I guess I will have to trade one for the other.

Teresa said...

Love the little "Phantom" of the kitchen picture =)
Hope Kent gets are gift before His Birthday...can't wait to hear what you got him
Have a good day

magunn said...

I have been meaning to ask you about Hurricane Alex! Glad you will not be washed away. Also, I must say it sounds like you are helping quite a lot by playing with ghosts, buying watermelons, and buying the most amazing birthday presents ever. I'm sure he's quite grateful. :) Good luck with all that!

Shannon b said...

What? He's almost one!? Cuh-razy!
So a fun birthday gift . . . can't wait to hear what it is. But, I thought he already opened his fathers day/birthday/christmas gift? ;)