Sunday, July 11, 2010

I took a little break

and I haven't taken any pictures with my real camera for an entire week.
For me, that is a long time.
I generally take at least 10 pictures of my little guy every day.

Some days I even take 100 pictures or more of Nicholas.

And that is the truth.

BUT, something about this week just made me, I don't know, maybe tired of my camera? tired of taking pictures?
Perhaps it's just my rebellious streak shining through and I decided that
this week I would not take a single picture
and I stuck to my guns (as I always do when that rebellious streak surfaces. Just ask my dad. Or Kent.).

So, this is a post of pixelated, underexposed camera phone pictures.


The title of this picture was: "Meet Mr. Whiney Pants." It was a teething, clinging, finger-chewing, mommy-biting kind of day. I sent this picture to Kent so he could see what he was missing out on while he was "at work" (he went bowling with all the interns).

I sent this picture to both my mom and Cindy to show them what the Comal river looks like just after we finish going down it on a Saturday afternoon.
This is exactly why we always get there before 9 am. We get to float it way before it gets this crowded. With that many people on the river, it just doesn't even look fun!
Kent's friend Steve (from high school and a former roommate) moved to Austin to go to school and so he came to visit us. And as you all know by now, when someone comes to visit during the summer, we take them toobing the Comal.

Allison texted me this picture to document our first ever mariachi experience.
Nicholas was a bit frightened. They were loud, but very good.


I am sending this picture to my mom so she can send it to Josh for his 20th birthday while out on his mission in Michigan.
Nicholas is holding the straw that came from one of our $4 snow cones. It's a cup of ice, people.
$4?!
But yes, we were desperate.
It's hot here.

But if you come visit,
we'll take you down the comal to cool off.

6 comments:

Shannon b said...

ohhhh, I hate the mommy-biting! Grrr, makes me tense all over just thinking about it. >:p
Scott is actually heading to Houston this week. But I don't think he'll have time to make the 6 hour round trip for a toobing excursion. ;) Maybe another time.

magunn said...

Oh my word ... Mac is teething too. I was quite sympathetic the first couple days, but I am definitely wearing out. He has spent a little more time crying in his crib lately so I can prep myself ... good thing he's getting four at once, I would rather get it all over with!!

Teresa said...

Oh the loud music...I remember Nicholas sleeping through some music when we went to that Mexican resturant near your place.
Lots of fun places near your home. =)

Mike and Alli said...

I love that you boycott your camera... and then sneak in a few camera phone pics! Nice. And I love our mariachi band photo! I was telling Mike on the way home that I have always wanted to do that, but felt a little too self conscious before. Yay for us.

heidi said...

we need to come visit so we can take a ride down the comal

Megan said...

I love this last post! It sounds great and makes me want to come and visit the Comal! I'll get talking to Jesika. Nicholas looks so cute! :)