Friday, February 19, 2010

six months

Wow.

Parents always say "it goes so fast."
But there isn't any better way to say it.

It goes so fast.

And now our little baby boy is six months old. I remember thinking, those early days, sometimes when we were having a rough moment, I would think, "If I can just make it to six months..."

We did make it. And life with our little Nicholas is now funner than ever! We smile more.
We laugh a lot more. We have a really silly little boy.

He thinks he's pretty funny sometimes.

Nicholas laughs a lot more now. Every single thing Kent does is hilarious to Nicholas. He especially likes it when Daddy dances or sings.

Nicholas can roll from back to front, but not the other way. And he does not like being on his stomach. I spend most of my day simply rolling him back over.

He sits! And he loves it!
He is sleeping a bit better, usually only waking up once or twice a night now. He'll sleep from 8 until 3 or 4, and then he doesn't wake up again until 7. It's not "sleeping through the night," but I'll take it.

He has two bottom teeth and the top two are looking very swollen and ready to come through. But he's a pretty tough little guy.
He wakes up very happy now, and in the mornings we like to listen to him talking to himself in his room. Kent taught him to say "Dadadada" and he says it all the time, but I work it to my advantage:
In the mornings when Nicholas wakes up we can hear him in his room "Dadadadada!"
And I tell Kent, "Honey, he wants you."
And I get to sleep a little longer.
Perfect.

This is what I see when I come to get him from his naps during the day. He'll play in there happily for quite a while usually, which is great for me if I need to finish whatever I was doing before he woke up.

He loves to explore, and he grabs anything he can reach.

He likes to blow raspberries, and he knows it's funny so he spits even more when we're watching.

He weighs 19.9 lbs and is 27" long. We love every bit of him!

10 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that last picture. Chubby baby thighs are truly a gift from God. Way too cute!

Jocelyn said...

too cute Makes me think back to when Brock was that age! so fun!

heidi said...

little babies are so sweet!

The Tibbitts said...

I can't believe how fast six months has gone either-wow! I love seeing babies grow and change; each day just gets better. You have an adorable little boy.

Shannon b said...

what a cute little guy! I love his expression in the first picture. And those thighs! Oh my! Conner and Payton both hovered around 19-20 pounds at 6 months, but they carried their weight in their cheeks. :)

Okay, I found some pictures and I just have to share! http://shannonbrown.typepad.com/life_in_general/2006/03/preparations.html

Teresa said...

Love all the picture....The last one reminds me of Kent at that age. We use to call him thunder thighs. =) {sorry Kent}

Lisa Brown said...

How much fun - and what a cutie!! And no worries, in all the baby books "sleeping through the night" is actually defined as about 6 hours of straight sleep, and so he has go that down great :). Six months to 2 years is my favorite stage - they are so much fun, and even more trouble :).

Libby said...

Cute. He looks like he's changing so much. Enjoy it why you can. Before you know it he'll be in kindergarten and coming home with homework.

Mark said...

oh my goodness Nicholas is so adorable I cant stand it! Love the rolls in his legs. Your garden looks so pretty! -nita

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.