Sunday, November 15, 2009

thinking on a sunday afternoon

I'm going to Utah in only two more days.
I am so, so excited.
Thanks for all the flying tips,
I think I'll be just fine, and hopefully
Nicholas will be too.

***

Yesterday we were driving home from helping our friends
move into their new house.
I was sitting by Nicholas and I started making
one of those silly noises that you never know how to spell.
Bamoufthphbm. Or something like that.
Nicholas laughed out loud.
For the very first time.
I couldn't stand how adorable it was,
and Kent almost couldn't drive;
we were laughing so hard at Nicholas's laugh.

Being a mom is so much fun.
Especially now that I'm starting to feel normal again.
The fog is lifting. He'll be three months old tomorrow!

***

Kent is so hard to get Christmas presents for.
All he's asked for is
a projector,
and a new laptop.

We can't afford either of those, so I'm kind of stumped.

***

I should be cleaning the kitchen floor right now.
We've got a lot of people coming over for dinner tonight.
Obviously, I'm procrastinating.

***

My hair is falling out.
By the handfuls. By the armfuls.
I'm a little bit freaked by that.
Kent said he'd still love me if I was bald, so I guess I'll be okay.
But I don't want to be bald.

Please tell me that this hair loss is normal.
And that I won't lose it all.

***

You know those placemats I posted about like four weeks ago?
I've still got two (of four) left to finish.
Yeah.

***

Nicholas is getting hungry. My post is over.

9 comments:

Nancy said...

Oh I hate the hair loss thing!! I seriously felt like I was baling in certain spots!! Yes, it is totally normal when you are nursing, don't worry it will all come back!!

Have fun on your trip!

Shannon b said...

I had the hair loss too! It should eventually stop.

And yay for the fog lifting!

Libby said...

I lost alot of hair too. It will get better. Glad to hear things are getting back to "normal".

Cindy said...

Sorry about the hair thing. Mine starting falling out like the day before Jayden was born and went for like six months. Horrible. I sympathize with you about the Christmas presents. If you think of anything good let me know and I'll help you out too if I ever think of anything...

heidi said...

good luck with the Christmas gifts, I don't like figure it out for Sam!

a few of my sisters would loose hair, it would stop and grow back!

Lisa Brown said...

Good luck on your trip :). And yea for the 3 month mark - it really does take that long to feel in control again.

Anonymous said...

For me the I started losing hair about 15 years ago and it never stopped.

Bummer eh?

Dad

Anonymous said...

Hi-- this is Aunt Kristeen - glad to pop-in to read all the happenings -- be safe on your trip to Utah / you know where I live drop by if you get a chance! oh - sorry for the hair issue -- but it does grow back! wink..xox

Allison said...

Aren't you so glad you came to help us move so Nicholas could laugh for the first time?? ;) haha just kidding.. but we ARE super grateful!