Monday, February 29, 2016

walking


Christian has been almost walking for weeks now.
He could walk across the living room, even pivot on one foot and turn around and come back,
wiggling his fingers and twisting his hands and laughing with excitement,
but when he fell, he'd get MAD,
and roll around on the floor until we stood him up again.

Last week, he almost didn't walk at all, didn't even want to try.
But a few days ago, he spent the entire day pushing our toy shopping cart around, back and forth across the house, hour after hour.

And on Friday he'd practice pushing the cart out a few feet in front of him, then walking to it.

On Saturday, we were out in the living room, and all of the sudden, here comes my baby, walking down the hall, all on his own. 

And that was that.
I always feel completely in denial the first day my babies walk. 
I keep thinking, "Okay, this is fun, but you'll crawl again tomorrow, I'm certain!"
Even though I know I'm wrong. 
I just ache to see them walk. Babyhood is over, and it just never lasts long enough.

But this silly, loud, enthusiastic boy has places to go and a big brother and sister to keep up with.

Not to mention lightsabers that are impossible to carry when you crawl, 
so walking just makes sense.


As hard as it is for me to see him get bigger,
watching his silly, happy, loving personality get bigger too is oh so fun.

And after chasing him all around Church today,
I have a feeling I'm going to be seeing a lot more of this busy boy's back from now on. 


1 comment:

Aimee said...

Rebecca I love your blog. It is always so beautiful, and peaceful and positive (even about the challenging things). Thanks for sharing!