I don't know if it's just his age, or the new baby, or what,
but Nicholas all the sudden,
well he's not a toddler anymore. He's a little boy.
And he's hilarious. The things he says...he sounds like a little adult, and we are often asking
where in the world did he hear that?
I wanted to write down some of the things he says so we can remember.
Things he says all the time:
- "Seriously??" Said when he drops something or he can't get something to work right. He got this one from Kent.
- "How are you, Mommy?" or "Are you good?" He'll poke his head into wherever I am and ask this. Just checking up on me. I love it.
- "Silly me!" Whenever he makes a mistake or says something wrong he giggles and says this.
- "Thank you Sho Much!" He's super polite, always grateful, and he puts a funny little "sh" sound in there that is just adorable.
- "Good job Mommy (or Daddy)"
- "Wah!" This one is one of those I-love-to-hate things. When he's about to throw a tantrum because he didn't get what he wanted, he starts out with a super whiney "wah!"
- "I want to go home!" He's been saying this for months, even before we moved from Texas. I don't know where he thinks home is...maybe yogurtzone?
- "It has yuckies!" Anytime he finds crumbs or something is sticky or if he just plain doesn't want it.
- "Let's hide!" hiding under blankets is a favorite game.
- "Show your smile! Cheese Click!"
- "You'll never get it now!"
- "I do I do I do!" Kent's mom sings a song that starts out "I love my Nicholas, I do I do I do." Kent starts the song and Nicholas will finish the line for him.
- "Oh crash, It's breaking my heart." While watching my siblings play mario cart. Where did he hear that one??
- "That's a nice kitchen!" When we went out with our realtor here to look at houses, Nicholas had the time of his life, and he displayed a surprising sense of design, often pointing out the good features of a house even before we did.
- "Oh mom, I like that shirt!" Thanks buddy.
- He was pushing a toy gun across the floor at my mom's house. Sarah asked him what it was, and he shrugged and said, "I don't know...I just mopping the floor and I using it!"
- When the song Jingle Bell Rock came on the radio: "Jingle bums!?! That's my favorite!" It is his favorite song.
- "I look so pressy" (his T's sometimes come out as S's) This is the third time he's managed to apply my mascara. I keep thinking surely he can't get into it if I put it here...and he keeps proving me wrong.
- One morning he snuck into our bedroom without us knowing, laid down on the floor at the foot of our bed, and fell asleep. When Ellie started to stir, I reached over to get her out of her bed, and Nicholas popped up at the foot of the bed. "Are you awake, Mommy?" Then he laid back down and about 15 minutes later he stood up again and said, "I don't sleep on the ground, silly me! I sleep in my bed!" as if he was just realizing what he'd been doing.