Saturday, June 18, 2011

and it's a .....!

Some of our friends came over last night.  Before they arrived we hung blue and pink streamers, filled the living room with blue and pink balloons (although if you ask Nicholas he'll tell you they're "Green! Yellow!"--he's still working on colors), 
and I made this cake.  
When they got here, we gathered around for the cake cutting-Kent and I were going to cut the cake together a'la newlywed style. 
I guess we hadn't been very clear about the plan, because one of our friends looked around the circle of people anxiously awaiting the cake cutting and asked us what we were expecting to be in the cake?
The cake, you see, was the answer!
 Pink!  
It's a girl!
 Wahoo!
And a word of advice:  a spoonful of food color paste is more than enough to sufficiently color a box of cake mix.  
I only used one of Nicholas's old baby spoons. I thought it would be just right.  But it was very, very pink.
At least there was no mistaking the color!
As a funny coincidence, all three of us girls there last night were wearing pink, too!  
I've been shopping already, and dreaming up all things girly.  
We're so excited!

11 comments:

Lisa Brown said...

So exciting!! Every woman needs a daughter :).

Lindsey said...

How fun, let the pink begin!!!

magunn said...

Aaaah! Yay a sweet little girl! That is so so very exciting. Congrats! We find out July 7th ... I love your idea for a big Gender Reveal party.

You are a very precious person. Love it all.

Anonymous said...

Yes, that is a VERY pink cake. I couldn't be more thrilled for you. Sending prayers for a safe, healthy and happy pregnancy then L&D!

Teresa said...

Happy Day

heidi said...

totally cute! and so fun!

Sharlee said...

Yay! Congrats! I always wanted a big brother! :) LOVE your party idea. I hadn't seen that idea yet, I love it. Plus, the cake looks delicious and you look great! Congrats again!

sheila said...

Congratulations! You will love having a little girl!

Shantillylace said...

That is such a fun idea!! I love it!

Savanah said...

Congrats Becca! That is so exciting!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations -- just now found out your having a baby in your blog -- super wonderful - HUGS