Thursday, March 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Sarah!

Today my sister Sarah is 15! I can't believe it. I mean, I know that I'm growing up (mostly), but it seems weird that my family is too. :D

I love my sister! She is such an example to me. It snowed almost 2 feet in Logan on Tuesday, and I was talking to my mom on the phone when she saw Sarah walking home from the bus stop, no coat on, and a big smile on her face. She is just like that--she enjoys everything!

We like to say that while pessismists see the glass as half-empty, optimists see it as half-full, and Sarah is just happy to have a glass! I have never known another person that is so positive and cheerful as my sister. No matter what is going on, we can always count on Sarah to see the good in it. I really hope that I can teach my baby and all of my children to see life as Sarah sees it. She wanted it to be Spring for her birthday today, and while it is sunny, it's only in the 20's. But Sarah, she said to me, "It's a nice cold Spring today for my birthday! Isn't that great!"

Sarah has a beautiful singing voice, plays the flute and piano, and is very talented. She is very friendly, and always willing to talk! She is very responsible, and a great help to my mom. She loves to read, and her bookshelf is so fun for me to borrow from whenever I go home. She also has a very strong testimony, and I know I can always count on her to do the right thing. I love my sister!

Happy birthday, Sarah!

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Happy Day to your sister- Sisters are great.
thanks for sharing a little about her.

Lisa Brown said...

Aren't sisters wonderful? I am the youngest of the five girls in my family, and I don't know what I would have done without them. Your sister is lucky to have you as an example :).