Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nativity


My favorite thing to help put up when my mom was decorating for Christmas was always her porcelain nativity set. Kneeling on the piano bench, I would carefully arrange and rearrange all the peices until they were just right. Then, as I got older, I loved to see how the Christmas lights reflected in the porcelain while I played Christmas songs on the piano.
I have put my name on the list to inherit my mom's nativity set. But until then, I have this beautiful 3-piece set that my mom and sister made for me this year. It is beautiful.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

It is very pretty- That was very sweet of your Mother and sister.

heidi said...

i love it, i forgot that you didn't get to decorate your own house for christmas last year!

Shannon b said...

they MADE it?! that is impressive!

Lisa Brown said...

I always loved my mom's nativity set as well. I think that all seven kids will fight over it though, so I may have to let it go.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

How wonderful to have memories from our past to turn into traditions for our future. Your home looks beautiful. Merry Christmas!