We spent an incredible week in Paris for our honeymoon. It was a very fun adventure for us. Between not having our luggage for nearly the whole week, finding our way around Paris on foot, trying to communicate in a country that speaks a language we don't understand, and discovering many very neat little places , it was definitely a memorable and exciting trip. One thing is for sure, we are very good at saying "Do you speak English?" in French. :D It was a great trip!
Some things that were particularly memorable:
- The bakery we got a sandwich at every morning and the very cheerful lady who worked there. It was so fun to eat our "breakfast" while listening to her very happy "Bonjour!"
- Our teeny tiny little hotel room
- Wearing the same clothes for a few days in a row and trying to find places to buy new shirts for Kent
- Crepes for dinner every night. Kent's favorite was the chocolate with banana, mine was ham and cheese
- The hilarious man who sold us the chocolates in his little chocolate shop
- How many stairs it takes to climb up the Eiffel Tower
- The "Christmas miracle" of Kent's suitcase finally showing up late on Christmas night
- Figuring out how to use our map and then being able to walk anywhere and know we would be able to get back to our hotel and
- The fun of a week in Paris being able to see all kinds of neat things and sleep in every single morning, without having to worry about homework or work or anything at all.