Monday, January 11, 2010

an island

ninety-percent complete
We have just a few things left to do before it's done:
Trim the damaged edge off of the white panel that goes on the back where the barstools will be,

install one more drawer pull because we grabbed the wrong kind at Home Depot,

and purchase barstools.
Have any of you seen a place we can buy white wooden barstools with backs?


Our kitchen has already come a long way since we bought it,
and we've still got an island to finish, tile to install, a new dishwasher and range to swap out, and painting to do.
And two burned out lightbulbs to replace. Hehe.

8 comments:

Creole Wisdom said...

It looks so incredibly nice! I love it so far. You can do a lot with any kind of place, huh? That's how I feel when I walk into my 100 year old apt... certainly not the newest or most expensive place, but who doesn't want to get creative?

Is Nicolas' hair coming in red? So cute!

Mariley Johnson said...

That looks great!
BArstools...? craigslist? free section? I'm all about fixer uppers. When can we come and visit? We'll talk home makovers!

Teresa said...

It all looks wonderful but I like the decoration on top of your island the best =)
Sure would like to have one at my house. =)

Shannon b said...

now THAT is an island! It looks great!

Libby said...

Looks great. I miss my island. This how is too samll one for one. Check Jc Penney.com for barstools. I got some all white ones there before.

Libby said...

Sorry. It's suppose to say "this house is too small for one". That's what I get for being in a hurry.

Anonymous said...

Island are the best peole seem to su-round them and lots of talkinmg goes on and i bet your next parties will be great ---

heidi said...

it looks awesome, hope you are loving it!! all that hard work to get it home too!