Monday, July 11, 2011

a year later: master bathroom

Let me first say, 
it didn't take a whole year to do this bathroom.
But it certainly has been a little-by-little project.

So, a year ago, our bathroom looked something like this:


White white walls, 80's style light fixture that made everything look yellow,
teeny tiny vanity, gray linoleum,
and of course, that wallpaper.

As of yesterday, we finally hung up the last picture frame
(it had been sitting on the back of the toilet, waiting to join the rest of them,
for probably a month and a half.  Like I said, 
little-by-little),
and now,
our bathroom looks like this:


Castle pictures taken by Sam and Heidi on our France trip 3 years ago.

Kent let me splurge and get Anthropologie knobs for the vanity.
We have lots of counterspace, a curved shower rod that makes our thin-person tub feel way more roomy, track lighting to help lighten the long narrow room, 
and enough decorations to make it feel soothing but not cluttered.

Every single time I take a shower,
I look up at where the wall meets the ceiling, and I breathe a sigh of relief.
No more wallpaper.

5 comments:

magunn said...

Beautiful! I am riddled with envy that you have a home of your own to do what you want with. Are you thinking you will live in Texas permanently? Or will you be needing to sell it in the next couple years when he finishes?

I am so very tired of throwing away $1350 a month. It feels pointless to slowly watch our bank account grow to just over that amount, and then get hacked down again. And what will we have to show for it in the future?

Maybe fewer diseases as we have not been homeless.

heidi said...

I'll bet it's a big sigh of relief to not have the wallpaper. It looks so awesome so fresh and airy. I love the counter tops and gorgeous knobs.

Teresa said...

Love the colors, it feels "spa" like.
Also like the framed pictures. fabulous job.

Jennifer said...

Good Job, Becca! I'm super impressed! You have good sense and style :)
PS. The "word verification" for the post today is "purpe" which reminded me of "Meet the Robinsons." Tis an excellent movie! Have you seen it? "And by 'purpe' I mean ... I know what it means!" Love it.

Shannon b said...

everything looks great! the white is perfect. And I love framed mirror and new vanity.