Saturday, May 16, 2009

week's end

I'm so glad it's the weekend.
It means Kent is home and he can fight off the cockroaches for me.
It means we made it through another week. And it's been a rough one-- having mortgages loans declined (we're four months short of two years credit history), going to our ward on Sunday that can only be described as...strange, budgets worked and then reworked and then reworked again, realizing we might be in this apartment in until September (bleh), discovering we have to find a cheaper house than the one we fell in love with, an insurance fiasco at the doctor's office, learning that the old lady who lives above us likes to listen to music with hard bass beat until 1 am, multiple instances of police right outside our apartment settling domestic disputes with other tenants, paying for the dryer at the laundry and it being broken, and after not seeing one for a whole week and a half discovering a GIANT cockroach on the kitchen counter last night when we were trying to make chocolate covered strawberries.

I hope you didn't read all of those. I just needed to vent. Please forgive me. I'm pregnant.

I read this talk on Thursday.
"The next time you’re tempted to groan, you might try to laugh instead."
That is tough, but I'm going to try it. Hopefully I'm learning to follow the counsel of Elder Wirthlin's mother:

“Come what may, and love it.” It's a new week next week. I'm going to look for things to love.

8 comments:

heidi said...

sorry for the rough week, great thoughts & quotes, thanks!!

Libby said...

I have had many of those weeks too. Just think tomorrow is another day and things could be much worse. Some how, some way it works out in the end. Hang in there.

Elder Caleb Habel said...

I hope next week will bring lots of things to love and a few good laughs. I know what you mean about the cockroaches though they are unnervingly discusting! When I lived in Georgia I got aquianted with the little buggers. Just wait 'til you discover maggots at the bottom of your outside trash can in the dead of summer, now that my friend is double gross!!!

Teresa said...

Man, you are going to have some great stories to tell your kids/grandkids. =)
I see happy days in the very near future; =)

Wood Family said...

The sun will come out tomorrow, bet yer bottom dollar...

Jamie Blake said...

awww, hang in there, girl!

The Tibbitts said...

It's okay to vent. Sorry things haven't been going as hoped. I loved Elder Wirthlin's talk too--What a great reminder to be positive! Good luck!

Lisa Brown said...

I have been catching up with all I missed while I was on vacation. It sounds like a rough time, but good. I can relate to some of those things, and never feel guilty about venting. Sometimes life really is hard, but I love the quote you want to follow - i should take it up too. With my kids, I often think to myself, all I can really do is laugh - this is usually when they are throwing an unsually awful tantrum, etc.

And from what I have read, it looks like you are still having lots of fun and being positive :). Plus those huge cockroaches are enough to ruin any day - I found one in my shower a few weeks ago- ugh.